About TTMP Planner course
The CoPTTM Governance Group (CGG) prioritised the development of a planning workshop for TMP designers, reviewers and approvers. NZTA developed the workshop and introduced a new qualification of Temporary Traffic Management Planner (TTMP).
The issuing of this qualification is dependent on:
- completing the workshop
- and a back at work assessment.
The 2-day workshop focuses on planning the TTMP for a worksite, with an emphasis on complex situations.
Note: Complex means a major change to road user conditions, the sort that comes with large projects or where large traffic flows need to be managed.
Recent changes announced by NZTA
As of December 18 2020:
“It has been agreed that all TTM professionals who have completed the two days of the TTM planner workshop and have not yet passed the assessment will continue to be able to submit traffic management plans (TMP) for approval under a four-month extension to 30th April 2021. This will be the final extension to this training warrant.
After 30th April 2021 all TMPs must be submitted and approved by a warranted TTM planner or a TTM planner – NP submitting a TMP for assessment.”
Download the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency TTM Notify TTM Planner deadline extension document (275KB PDF)
The workshop has been designed with the following roles in mind:
- STMS involved in developing TTM documents for complex sites
- Project planners
- TMCs and other TMP approvers
What it covers:
- Identifying matters to be addressed
- Planning the closure(s)
- Planning for other considerations
- Planning for the road users
- Resolving conflicts
- Developing the Full TMP
- Submitting the Full TMP for approval
- Reviewing approval documentation (eg TMP, consent to work, other authorisations)
- Pre-implementation of the Full TMP
- Implementing the Full TMP
- Completing a TTM review.
During the workshop drawing standards for a TMD will be outlined, including an introduction to different drawing options (eg Invarion, CAD, and MSOffice).
Follow-up training sessions can be arranged with practitioners for each of the site drawing options. A list of these practitioners will be made available during the workshop.
Eligibility for attendance
To be eligible, attendee’s must:
- Hold a current STMS warrant
- Be competent with word processing to an intermediate level (add/amend tables, format text etc.)
- Be able to navigate CoPTTM to find the required information
- Be able to clearly express an idea in writing (completion of a detailed Full TMP form).
Enquires are most welcome.
Contact Pauline Mountfort; Ph: 04 386 3575; 021 386 357
TTMP Planner scheduled courses
|Mar 2, 2021 - Mar 3, 2021 https://trainingaspirations.com||TTMP Planner in Wellington||The Clifton’s Wellington in the Majestic Centre||8:00am at Level 28/100 Willis Street Cancelled|
|Mar 15, 2021 - Mar 16, 2021 https://trainingaspirations.com||TTMP Planner in Auckland||Cordis Hotel||8:00am at 83 Symonds Street|
|Mar 16, 2021 - Mar 17, 2021 https://trainingaspirations.com||TTMP Planner in Palmerston North||Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Ctr||8:00am at 175 Cuba Street|
|Mar 24, 2021 - Mar 25, 2021 https://trainingaspirations.com||TTMP Planner in Hamilton||Novotel Hamilton Tainui||8:00am at 7 Alma Street Join waiting list Course Full|