STMS Category C non-practising
This is a 1-day workshop that provides the base knowledge for working on category C road environments. Topics include:
- Common risks on Category C road environments
- Calculate layout distances for category C road environments
- Set up, maintain and remove TTM for static operations for category C road environments (shoulder closures, lane merges, chicanes, intersections and on and off ramps)
- Complete mobile operations
- Set up, maintain, and remove TTM for semi-static operations and closures.
This is a Waka Kotahi TTM warranted role: STMS(C)-NP.
There is an optional Unit standard for the STMS Cat C warrant – US 31962: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management for a road environment as defined in CoPTTM.
Once the unit standard has been awarded for a category of road, the STMS is not required to attain this unit standard again for other categories of road environment.
- STMS universal or;
- STMS of any level expired for more than 12 months (if expired for less than 12 months, complete the STMS Refresher workshop) or;
- STMS of the relevant category expired for more than 12 months (if expired for less than 12 months, complete the STMS Refresher workshop).
Who it is for:
Any person wishing to work on category C roads as an onsite STMS, or
Any person wishing to work on category C roads while fulfilling one of the following roles:
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor
- TTM Assessor
- TTM Trainer
- TTM Planner
- TMP Approver
- TTM Auditor
- Traffic Management Coordinator
- Corridor Manager.
What’s included in the fee for the workshop
The following is included in the workshop fee:
- Waka Kotahi registration fee
- Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea
- Workshop resources.
About the STMS(C)-NP warrant
The STMS(C)-NP warrant confirms successful completion of the STMS Category C workshop but cannot be used as a practising STMS warrant.
The next step to receiving your practising STMS(C) warrant
For those who need to be practising as an on-site STMS Cat C, there is additional mentoring and a practical assessment completed in a category C road environment.
Waka Kotahi warrants are refreshed every 3 years.
To refresh a STMS Cat C warrant the holder will need to attend a STMS refresher workshop. This renews the non-practising warrant.
The practising STMS Cat C warrant is renewed once the STMS Cat C practical re-assessment has been successfully completed.
The practising warrant will expire on the same date as the non-practising warrant.
STMS Cat C-NP scheduled workshops
No courses scheduled at the moment.