STMS Category B non-practising
This is a 1-day knowledge workshop which provides the base knowledge for working on category B road environments. Topics include:
- Common risks on Category B road environments
- Calculate layout distances for category B road environments
- Set up, maintain and remove TTM for static operations for category B road environments (shoulder closures, two-way two-lane closures and passing lane closures)
- Pedestrians and cyclists
- Complete mobile operations
- Set up, maintain, and remove TTM for semi-static operations and closures.
This is a Waka Kotahi TTM warranted role: STMS(B)-NP
There is an optional Unit standard for the STMS Cat B warrant – US 31962: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management for a road environment as defined in CoPTTM. Once the unit standard has been awarded for a category of road, the STMS is not required to attain this unit standard again for other categories of road environment.
- STMS universal or;
- STMS of any level expired for more than 12 months (if expired for less than 12 months, complete the STMS Refresher workshop) or;
- STMS of the relevant category expired for more than 12 months (if expired for less than 12 months, complete the STMS Refresher workshop).
Who it is for:
Any person wishing to work on category B roads as an onsite STMS, or
Any person wishing to work on category B roads while fulfilling one of the following roles:
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor
- TTM Assessor
- TTM Trainer
- TTM Planner
- TMP Approver
- TTM Auditor
- Traffic Management Coordinator
- Corridor Manager.
What’s included in the fee for the workshop
The following is included in the workshop fee:
- Waka Kotahi STMS-U registration fee
- Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea
- Workshop resources
There is an additional fee for those requiring the unit standard.
About the STMS(B)-NP warrant
The STMS(B)-NP warrant confirms successful completion of the STMS Category B workshop but cannot be used as a practising STMS warrant.
The next step to receiving your practising STMS(B) warrant
For those who need to be practising as an on-site STMS Cat B, there is additional mentoring and a practical assessment completed in a category B road environment.
Waka Kotahi warrants are refreshed every 3 years.
To refresh a STMS Cat B warrant the holder will need to attend a STMS refresher workshop. This renews the non-practising warrant.
The practising STMS Cat B warrant is renewed once the STMS Cat B practical re-assessment has been successfully completed.
The practising warrant will expire on the same date as the non-practising warrant.
STMS Cat B-NP scheduled workshops
No courses scheduled at the moment.